Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation
We invite those individuals who share the Institute's interests, whether professionally or avocationally, to participate in the Hunt Institute Associates program for 2013.
Regular Associates ($40) receive a membership card, acknowledgment in the Bulletin and the following benefits:
- A subscription to the Bulletin, the Institute's newsletter
- Either the issue of Huntia, the Institute’s journal of botanical history, or the art exhibition catalogue(s) published during the year of membership (another publication will be substituted if item of choice is not published during the membership year)
- Discounts on all Institute (sole imprint) publications and on some works published under joint imprint: 25% discount on a purchase of up to 4 publications, and 40% discount on purchase of 5 or more publications.
- A 25% discount on cards, address books, journals, and guest books reproduced from items in the Institute’s collections
- Invitations to exhibition preview receptions
- Preferential eligibility for sale of duplicate books and unaccessioned artworks
- Preferential query service
- A 25% discount on photocopying services
- Behind-the-scenes tours by appointment
- Invitations to our Open House, which features gallery and departmental tours, talks and special displays
Patron Associates ($100), Sustaining Associates ($500) and Benefactor Associates ($1000) receive the above benefits plus:
- Both Huntia and the art exhibition catalogue(s) published during the year of membership
- Three Pierre-Joseph Redouté (1759–1840) facsimiles of watercolors on vellum
- Three free hours of staff research time
- Tax deductions ($40 for Patron, $440 for Sustaining, and $940 for Benefactor)
If you would like to support the Institute’s mission and programs in more specific ways, then please consider our Sponsorship program. Monetary gifts can be directed to our endowment or to other established funds, such as the Anne Ophelia Todd Dowden Art Acquisition Fund, or the Ronald L. Stuckey Endowment for the Preservation of Botanical History. For material or memorial gifts, please consult with our curators. For more information about the Sponsorship program, see the News page.
We also offer gift memberships in the Associates program. We can send an announcement card to you or directly to the recipient of the membership.
When Associates contact the Institute, please mention your membership status in order to expedite your request for services or products.
To apply for Associate Membership or to order a gift membership, please fill out section A of the Order Form.
Hunt Institute Text Only Footer
About the Institute
Frequently Asked Questions
News and Events
DEPARTMENTS and COLLECTIONS
Department Services and Charges
History of Collections
Rachel McMasters Miller Hunt
Lawrence Memorial Award
Text-Only Site Guide - Full Graphics Pages
URL for this page: huntbot.andrew.cmu.edu /HIBD/HIBD-T/Associate-T.shtml
© 2011 Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation.
All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions.